Looney Labs Nanofictionary Mailing list Archive

Re: [Nanofictionary] New Rules: discards

  • FromTimothy Hunt <games@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 May 2010 09:58:56 -0500
On Wed, May 19, 2010 at 8:38 AM, Andy Looney <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> First off, Andy, please clarify what it means to discard a
>> card. It seems like you mean for the whole table, starting
>> with an initial six card spread, to be one big open discard
>> pile.
>
> Yes, that's correct. Perhaps there's a better name for it, since it's not in
> a pile at all. Slush pile could work...

Other games that use this concept (eg Glory to Rome, Chaos) use the
term "pool".  I put it to you that that is a term that would be
understood.  Eeyore even uses that term to describe the concept, so it
seems natural to me:

Eeyore wrote:
> I do like the idea of a great big pool of unused cards, though.

Timothy