[Rabbits] Help! Columbus, OH area Rabbits needed on Saturday, September 10th

  • From<trey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 1 Sep 2005 14:42:54 -0400

Hi all –

I apologize for the late request – I’ve recently taken over this project from someone else, so things are running more behind than I’d like.

GAMA is running several areas at the upcoming Honda Family Festival Day.  The event runs from Noon to 9pm on Saturday, September 10th, at the Columbus Convention center.  If you’ve ever been to Origins, it’s in the same place – the GAMA area is down where we normally run CCGs.  We’ve got a Star Wars themed area, a Superheroes themed area, and a general gaming area.

We need help running Fluxx, Cosmic Coasters (in our Star Wars Cantina), and a few Giant Pyramids games.

(Speaking of which: GAMA has 4 stashes of Giant Pyramids.  If any of you Rabbits have stashes you’d like to bring, it would be *greatly* appreciated.)

I can’t offer travel, hotel space or parking fees.  Ridesharing is greatly encouraged, because there’s an OSU football game that day as well and parking space may be difficult to find.  I have a map of parking areas with reduced rates for those who need it.

What I *can* offer is that if you volunteer for 4 ½ hours (or more) for us, you’ll have the rest of the event to yourself, and free run of everything it has to offer.  There’s concerts by KISS, The Rascal Flatts, Blake Shelton, and the Baha Men. There’s also a WWE live event, Midway Rides, a Rodeo, 6 foot tall Robots, free movies at the Arena Grand movie theater, a Texas Hold ‘em area, and an interactive NASA demonstration.  And, of course, an opportunity to help demo Looney Labs games for a potential audience of 30,000 people (about half of which are expected to roam through our area at some point in the event).

If you’re interested in volunteering (Please? Pretty please?), just contact me off-line, and we’ll set everything up.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

-Trey

Trey Reilly

Programs Manager, GAMA

programs@xxxxxxxx