[Rabbits] [Event] St. Matthews Game Night by Paul Gilmore

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 19 Feb 2006 23:58:46 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Paul Gilmore has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=McFly

========
Title: St. Matthews Game Night
Location: Livonia, MI
Date: 18 FEB 06

Although this was held by/at my church, it was a public event and attracted about 40 people. I offered to help by hosting a mini-experiment. I was prepared to demo any of the 9 games, except Werewolf. During the 3 hour event time I gave out 10 badges, taught 15 new games (mostly Fluxx, but also Aquarius, Ice Towers, and Volcano), awarded 2 Happy flowers, and one Star promo card.

Talking to people at the end of the event, at least two families intend to buy Fluxx, and one wants to go buy a volcano board and pyramids.  One thing I learned is that having a few business cards for a local retailer would be helpful, rather than having to scribble maps or give "go one block past..." type of directions.

This was my first "experiment" publicly demoing the games myself, and I had a great time.