[Rabbits] [Event] MomoCon by Amy LoCurto

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 27 Mar 2006 01:15:44 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Amy LoCurto has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Franny

========
Title: MomoCon
Location: GA Tech
Date: 3/18-19/2006

I was a bit hesitant to run games at an anime convention, after all, how busy could I be?  But luckily, not only I showed up but also Robert, Lisa and Gary.  We were swamped and on the few occasions I ran out of playewrs, I simply took my Volcano board, set up and ready, down to the lobby and procured some more players. Playing Volcano in a slight drizzle is rather fun, and the pieces are of course water proof, what strategy game can claim that? We ran tons of games.  I think Gary is determined to teach the whole world how to play (and love) Aquarius.  Lots of people got started on their Experiment badges, some people gettting as many as 6 stickers, and people kept asking where they could pick up a copy of this or that (I was a good Rabbit and directed them to the local games stores).  Once again, I ran a little Fluxx Tourney, though with less people.  Some of the players were trying desperately to open the envelope to know what prize cards were hiding in there.   I also ran!
  a game of UberChrononauts, but sadly didn't win (pout pout).  Overall we ran games I think for almost 16 hours in two days, so I guess it was a successful weekend.