[Rabbits] [Event] GenghisCon by Cecelia Thomas

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 24 Mar 2006 12:43:50 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Cecelia Thomas has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=ladykinrowan

========
Title: GenghisCon
Location: Denver, CO
Date: Feb 17-19, 2006

Let's see...
I've been demoing Looney Lab Games for years but this is the first report I have submitted. Why? Because I'd rather play or demo than figure out how to write about the fun I've had. This time I had such a terrific time at Genghis Con that I had to share.

I had found out a week prior to the event that the Looneys were GoHs at the Con and so I cleared out my weekend so I could fully attend the event and help out where I could. I've attended Genghis on and off for the past 10 years and this was the by far the most fun I ever had. Robert Quick (http://www.looneylabs.com/OurCommunity/Rosters/Rabbit/index.html?RabbitUserID=Rykk112358), my husband, Thor, (http://www.looneylabs.com/OurCommunity/Rosters/Rabbit/index.html?RabbitUserID=Logotu) and I were there all weekend demoing everything from Family Fluxx to Nanofictionary.
Friday night when I got there after work, the Looney Labs game area was easy to spot as it was the most brightly colored area in all the game areas. You could even see the colors from several floors above, attracting curious onlookers and would be players.
Saturday morning saw us at the Stuffed Animal Tea Party. It was a delightful event and we got to meet all sorts of strange and interesting characters and their humans. My colorful dragon even got a new name, Vertigo. You can see him at the top of the tea party sign in the group photo here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/41269856@N00/111387708/in/set-72057594080425593/
Check out the rest of the pictures of the party as well.
Saturday afternoon, Andy played everyone at once in the Looney game of their choice. this was lots of fun and I think Any ended up playing for 2 hours! Later that evening as many played several rounds of "Are you a werewolf", I taught nanofictionary and cosmic coasters to a few new Looney fans.
On Sunday, it was a day of games galore. For more pictures of the weekend as well as some from past events, check out http://www.flickr.com/photos/41269856@N00/sets/72057594080425593/