[Rabbits] Recent Alaskan conquests

  • From"" <ragtimejean@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 27 Aug 2006 16:34:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hello, fellow Rabbits
Just wanted to let you know that my husband and I just returned from a 3-week trip to Alaska (where there are apparently 2 rabbits in out of the way places that we didn't get to, like Kodiak). I took along my Fluxx, Aquarius decks and Treehouse set. The best place I found to entice players was the Alaska Marine Ferry rides, because everyone is sitting around in the lounge. I put out my decks and played Treehouse with myself (those pyramids attract interest, especially with children). I got two sets of siblings (ages 6-13) into playing Aquarius, and then Fluxx. We spent the entire day and a half trip from Whittier to Juneau playing one or the other. They couldn't get enough of Fluxx. The 6-year old managed to play Aquarius sort of, but the older kids wanted to play Fluxx. On the 7 hour trip from Juneau to Skagway, I got another 4 kids into Treehouse. And on the return trip from Skagway to Juneau, I showed another family with 2 kids how to play Aquarius.

I am psyched!! because I'm not really good at approaching adults out of the blue, but the kids were just naturally drawn in. Left a few LL catalog cards with parents, so hopefully they'll be finding the website.

Thanks for listening,
Drama Mama

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com