[Rabbits] [Event] DragonCON 06 by David Tyberg

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 4 Sep 2006 23:13:42 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that David Tyberg has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Dfunkman

========
Title: DragonCON 06
Location: Atlanta, GA
Date: 9/1/06-9/4/06

So DragonCON '06 was a smashing success despite planning having been thrown together a mere 4 days before the con.  Before I even go into my own rabbiting at DragonCON this year, I need to express my utter awe of Robert Bunn for taking this con and carrying it on his back.  He stepped up, got us organized and held us together all weekend.  He deserves about a zillion rabbit points.

As for myself, Thursday night I dragged the giant pyramids and such the 8 miles into town in a trailer behind my bicycle.  It was an experience.  And not having to drive downtown and find/pay for parking was awesome.  But enough about that.  I basically spent most of my free time when I wasn't at panels either at the Looney Labs tables in the gaming room in the bowels of the Hilton (new location for gaming this year.  It was really frustrating being so far away from the rest of the con.  I hope they bring it back to the Hyatt next year.)  or up on the lobby level of the Hilton demoing giant pyramids.  The giant pyramids went over smashingly as usual.  And the giant treehouse die was a welcome addition.  However, as usual, Giant Ice Towers generated the most buzz and excitement.  Sharon and I taught it to A LOT of people Sunday night.

In any case, the dude from Paizo was VERY pleased with us.  We managed to send him enough business to clean him out of "Are You a Werewolf?" completely in addition to making him run dangerously low on Fluxx decks.  On top of that, he reported that the Treehouse sets were also selling well.

FAQ's with disappointing answers:
1.  Where are the Looneys?!
2.  Where can I get me some of those giant pyramids?

It seems con-goers in general missed Andy, Kristen and  Alison as much as their faithful rabbits did.  As much fun as it was, it wasn't the same without them.  Also, if demand  in other parts of the nation is anything like it is down here, it seems the Looney's could be pretty well-set for retirement should they ever figure out a cost-effective method of producing Giant Icehouse Pyramids.  I feel bad about being one of the only people with access to them.

I had a great time at DragonCON this year and, as usual, my affiliation with Looney Labs was a big part of that.  I love these games and I especially love sharing them with others.