Re: [Rabbits] Betting on a game...

  • FromBrian Campbell <lambda@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 1 Dec 2006 12:28:54 -0500
Well, with any game that has any sort of randomness where it's OK if people drop out of the game (as in, someone leaving the game doesn't suddenly create a big empty space on the board), you can just let people bet at certain points in the game, such as before each turn. Everyone in turn gets a chance to either see the bet or "fold" (drop out of the game). You then take your turn as normal, and when someone wins, they win the pot. Not too different than the betting in poker. It will be a little odd, in that there's a turn order dependence that doesn't exist in poker, but I think it could still work.

For example, do this with Treehouse. You start with some sort of ante, and start playing. At first, you probably don't want to bet too much, since everyone has an equal position. Once you think your position is stronger than the other players', though, you might want to start betting before your turn. Especially if you think you can win the next turn, you'll want to bet a lot, and then other people might fold or might decide to bet on you not getting the roll you need.

I've never tried this out, but I think it should work for adding a little light betting to the games.