Re: [Rabbits] Secrets no more!

  • FromTheLoneGoldfish <thelonegoldfish@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 16 Dec 2006 09:35:21 -0500
oooooh, I want one!!! (and I guess I'll have to order one or two when I order my coasters, since they're not really available around here [flgs closed 2years back]).

I am still a bit shocked when people find the Looney Games a difficult concept- maybe my brain just works backwards in the first place so they seem easy to me.

As for teaching looney games, (icehouse in particular) it's a spacial reasoning thing I'd imagine... some people are good, some aren't. Some are good in certain circumstances (I'm pretty good at volcano I think) and not others (yet I suck at chess... I suck hard at chess).

Also, I'm terrible at scrabble too. (and writing sans spellchecker)

I find saying "but it's easy!" is quite possibly the worst thing you can say in those circumstances (I've said it a few times sadly). It usually just leads to more frustration and pain.

I think I need to find someplace to teach games so I can practice as I've been terrible at teaching my girlfriend stuff, recently homeworlds and volcano, though homeworlds is hard to teach usually...

-Evan