[Rabbits] [Project] Fan site on Ning by Chris Johnson

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 10 Jan 2007 17:52:26 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Chris Johnson has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Krisjohn

========
Title: Fan site on Ning
Location: looneylabsfans.ning.com
Date: 11 Jan 2007

I've started another fan group, this time on a service called "Ning".  The URL is:

http://looneylabsfans.ning.com/

I found this via del.icio.us, where the main page alone is "saved by 6247 people".

Most notably, however, is that it has a decent events calendar.  Events are listed down the left of the main page and can be seen in calendar format at:

http://looneylabsfans.ning.com/index.php?controller=event&action=list

And it can be added to any other website using the Javascript and PHP widgets detailed at:

http://looneylabsfans.ning.com/index.php?controller=event&action=widgetInstructions

I've added my GenghisCon demos as an example.  This may be an ideal way for Demo Rabbits to publicise their upcoming demos.  If even a couple of other people start using it, I'll make sure that all the other forums/groups in the Fans network know that that's the place to go for event information. I'll add it to the browser toolbar, and I'll see how many other places in the network I can past the widget code.

Yours, Chris J.