Re: [Rabbits] Martian Coaster Issue

  • FromTome Gnome <tome_gnome@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 13 Jan 2007 07:05:28 -0800 (PST)
My wife and I just started playing Martian Coasters and noticed this, as well. We have come up with a house-rule (not play-tested yet) where a player can use her movement points to move their opponent's Drone or Queen, as long as they have twice the movement points to expend, i.e. it costs six movement points to move an opponent's Queen, four movement points to move a Drone (being able to move an opponent's Pawn seems too easy).

It's a good game, but I think added opportunities to thwart your opponents are always welcome...

Brooks Child <brooksmeister@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For Christmas I got Treehouse and Martian Coasters. I like both games but I
favor Martian Coasters. However, I do have an issue with it. After a player
has gotten all of her pieces onto her coaster there is nothing you can do to
stop that person. Sure you can get in the middle of her nest but she is only
has to roll a dig or a wild and she wins. This also ties up a piece of your
own. Am I playing the game wrong?

~Brooks