Re: [Rabbits] Re: Andy's movie

  • FromJoseph Pate <jpate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 22 Jan 2007 14:50:39 -0800 (PST)
For those who prefer elegance [over economy] in rule text, consider
that these rules need to fit on the card in question, without
asterisks that make people run to a supplemental rulebook inside the
Fluxx boxx.

The rule, as stated, is not ambiguous -- though the use of 'may' with
no clarification is a bit subtle... but now the "secret" is out.

I agree that it could be reworded as follows:

Hand Limit 2.
You may have at most 2 cards in your hand.  If you have more, discard
down to 2 immediately.  If it is your turn, you may optionally wait
until the end of your turn to discard down to 2.

Problem is, that may be too many words to fit well onto the card...
and is it any clearer than the original text?  Probably not.

-Ankhst