[Rabbits] Rabbits Wiki Hosting

  • DateTue, 13 Mar 2007 08:32:23 -0700
> someone else would probably step up, and I could help out. It
> looks like no one else has found the time, I have less work to
> do on the other site than I thought, and it's really looking
> like we need this wiki, so I figured now would be a good time
> to offer.

Well, initial setup of a wiki takes about five minutes, on my web
hosting service.

I don't thin the issue is time to do it so much as it's where to host
and who pays. Also, there's domain registration, if we want the URL to
be unique and not just whatever the hosting service spits out.

Domain Reg is about $2 a year at GoDaddy. Hosting varies--but LL and/or
icehouse.org are already hosting stuff... maybe there's room on those
servers? I should think the looneylabs.com site would *want* to host
Rabbits, much like they already host the Rabbit Profiles; but they
might be tight on storage.

Thus, there is a need for the Looneys to give it thought and, probably,
to start it up (install the wiki software). Unless they are willing to
give admin access to one of use, even if only to the folder in which
the wiki is installed....
David