[Rabbits] [Event] Fluxx - Con of the North by Meghan Engstrom

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 12 Mar 2007 17:16:22 -0500
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Meghan Engstrom has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=SnowLeopard

========
Title: Fluxx - Con of the North
Location: Con of the North - St. Paul MN
Date: 2/16/2007

After years of being a player in Con of the North, I decided I would like to help out and demo a game that I was rather familiar with - Fluxx.
I had nine people show up - all were familiar with Fluxx, but no one (including me - eek) had yet played version 3.1 (everyone had played either Flux 1.0-3.0 and/or Family Fluxx).
Once we started playing and several out of practice players remembered how it worked, play went very quickly until a new 3.1 card was played - all of us would stop to read the text, the give a few quick comments on what we thought of it. Everyone enjoyed the new rules, but there were a few times where a player managed to keep their turn going for several minutes, or where a player was skipped for several turns. We laughed as one girl managed to get a cycle of "take another turn" and "take something from the trash" cards, the guy next to her groaning every time.
One girl at the table even did the same Fluxx mock-goal joke I do when I have odd keeper combinations, such as when she laid down "War" and "Bread", she said "Ahh, the infamous dough wars of 1847".
Everyone had fun, and when time was up, I let the people who won the most decide what prizes they wanted to pick from the pile. In the end, it was a rock-paper-scissor-off between three people for the Pandora's box.
Fluxx: You are entering a dimension of Time, Death, and Cookies ... Fluxx is a simple to learn, fast-paced, and highly addictive card game where the right cards can not only make you Toast, they can also make you a winner.
http://www.conofthenorth.com