[Rabbits] [Event] VisionCon 2007 by Lisa Padala

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 15 May 2007 20:57:36 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Lisa Padala has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=moonshdw99

========
Title: VisionCon 2007
Location: Springfield, MO
Date: Feb 16-18 2007

I set up at VisionCon on Friday afternoon when registration opened.  I had a few events listed in their book (Fluxx, Chrononauts, Aquarius, Icehouse Games), however, VisionCon is a more "relaxed" gaming con.  I wanted to lure people in with demos of all sorts, even when I did not have events running, so I set up in the gaming area (which was right across from the dealer's hall) with lots of color.  Prior to the con I had found some awesome fabric at JoAnn's - it was clearance, tie dye, and covered with smiling flowers.  Perfect!  I used that as a tablecloth and waited for gamers!  A few signed up for the events, Chrononauts especially, and the Icehouse pieces entranced one little girl.  She and I played a modified version of Volcano a number of times throughout the weekend.  I know for sure that two families picked up complete sets of Chrononauts (Original, Early American, and Lost Identities) and that really made my day.  I had a good time at the con just hanging around the!
  gaming area and doing demos whenever possible.  One person even beat me at Volcano the first time he played - he got a happy flower for that!