[Rabbits] [Event] New Guy Night by Bob Winans

  • FromSuperFRED <superfred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 5 Jun 2007 21:42:11 -0400
This is an auto-generated report from SuperFRED regarding an event that Bob Winans has submitted.
http://rabbits.looneylabs.com/?RabbitUserID=Bob

========
Title: New Guy Night
Location: Centerfield comics
Date: 6/2/2007

Saturday was new guy "night" for another gaming system.
The guy running the demo is a buddy of mine and he asked me to try out the game. While I was waiting for him to show up, (I was early) I had a conversation with the shop owner. He is very happy with the LL products. That week he had sold several copies of tree house, and a deck of Aquarius and a deck of Chrononauts.
I gave him a dozen each of the micro catalogs, the trifold catalogs, the ice towers reference cards, the eco fluxx pledge cards and some werewolf etiquette cards.
I had brought my tree house sets, (I now have three of the rainbow sets) and decided to try and teach myself Binary Homeworlds. It wasn't long before others showed up for the "other" demo. While we were waiting I answered questions about the "cool pyramids". I ended up running several games of tree house. After an hour, my buddy called the comic shop. He had been in a car accident and wouldn't be showing up for the demo. (He was fine, but his car was totaled)

Since I was already there, and had tree house with me, and an audience, I filled the empty demo slot.

I handed out several ice tower reference cards and micro catalogs.

Two guys who had come in together played tree house for two hours. I disappointed them when I told them that I was leaving and I needed my set back.

One of them stated that he was going to order it online.

I told him that if he did, to please mention me on the order, but if he wanted one right away, they were available at the counter.

When I was leaving the store, he was debating over which set to buy... the Rainbow or the Xeno...