Re: [Rabbits] Wiki Stuff...

  • From"Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 20 Jul 2007 10:41:18 -0500
Hurray!  I completely agree, David.  Let's try to keep the wiki discussion on the wiki.  That's the whole point.

~ Melissa

On 7/20/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
RE a listserv for the wiki:

OK, I'll bite: why? The wiki already supports discussion, via Talk (or normal) pages. More so, it encourages focusing subjects, by the page names. It even has ways to "email" or "PM" each other. Archive? Built into the wiki itself, both through History and by just leaving a page alone, as a record of resolved discussions.

All I can see from using yet-another listserv is the "convenience" of using one's own e-mail. Personally, I'd rather let the wiki store conversation threads than my limited primary account (though I prolly should switch my list registration to my Gmail account, which would obviate my storage limits issue).

Anyhow, do whatever the Looneys are willing to support (they have to setup that list, right?). I just don't see the point of it: a listserv to discuss a wiki is like a meeting to schedule meetings or like using a garden hose to fill your bathtub.
:)
David