RE: [Rabbits] Zombie Squad!

  • DateTue, 04 Sep 2007 12:46:48 -0700
> From: Matthew Barrett <cleyshon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, September 04, 2007 12:19 pm
> To: Rabbits Discussion List <rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Interesting point.  That's probably why ZS is often accused of being gun-toting survivalists.  People accuse them of planning to murder anyone who comes to eat their food and whatnot, because people think they will treat everyone else as "zombies" in a disaster.  It's not so.
>
> The wonders of dysphomic slang. :(

To clarify: I did not present my point as representing necessarily bad
reactions, plans, or people: a post-apocalypse will deliver many, many
very aggressive (or desperate, same thing) people to your doorstep. Most
ZPs mention meeting that violence with decisive force, as the
alternative is to be over-run and (yep) eliminated as a drain on
resources and a resistance to the new rule.

However, most survival plans address dealing with *non-aggressive*
arrivals as well as aggressive ones. I have yet to see one propose
killing just anyone who shows up, regardless of behavior or intentions,
as a threat to resources. Most tend to focus on determining the
arrival's specialty or skills and putting them to work ASAP.

Anyhow, this is fast becoming a Something discussion. I just wanted to
make it clear I wasn't prejudiced against the notion of Zombie plans or
planers, but rather that I think they have a significant, serious
utility because they translate to other (lesser? maybe not!) disaster
situations.

David
Gun-toting survivalist who will never commit murder
(note: self-defense is not murder)