RE: [Rabbits] Giant treehouse

  • From"Bob Winans" <rwinans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 18 Oct 2007 17:50:27 -0400

I was thinking of the pink foam insulation

You can get it at the home depot in 4 foot by 8 foot sheets.

It can be hot glued or (I have been told) you can use liquid nails.

Personally I have use the pink and green varieties to build a multitude of miniature terrain items (some not so small) and hot glue has always held like iron.

The lower temp stuff works best, as it doesn’t melt through the foam.

-Bob

From: rabbits-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:rabbits-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Carol Townsend
Sent: Thursday, October 18, 2007 5:36 PM
To: Rabbits Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Giant treehouse

I tried this with a camping mat back oh.... last winter or so, when I was making the Giant Martian Coasters for Origins '07.

The camping mat was way too wimpy - did not stand up at all, did not hold together.  The "floor foam" (which I'm assuming you mean the stuff that is put on the floor to give you a bit of squishy comfort instead of having to stand on concrete) did not work either - way too thick.

your mileage may vary, but I couldn't make it work.

Tamara, are you anywhere near where someone already has a set and can loan it to you for November?

Carol

On 10/18/07, David Artman <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From: Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
>
> On this note, has anyone ever tried to make giant 'mids out of foam?

I had this idea a while ago, but haven't pursued it beyond thinking
about it.

* Use flat floor foam or camping mat foam (latter is much cheaper).
[snip]

--
Carol Townsend
iChat/AIM, MSN and Yahoo: MadLabRabbits