RE: [Rabbits] Wiki Under Spambot Assault!

  • DateWed, 24 Oct 2007 10:25:59 -0700
> From: "Melissa Parish" <beautifulfool@xxxxxxxxx>
> Okay, looks like we might want this extension:
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:ConfirmAccount

That sounds like it--though I am surprised it takes a plug-in rather
than just a check box somewhere in the administration settings (my web
site's CVM system has that, along with a bajillion other permissions
controls).

You'll also want captcha in there, apparently, to prevent flood requests
(the assho--uh, spammers' next means of making a nuisance of
themselves). It's on the Icehouse wiki and it's not too annoying...
except when I am rolling back a bunch of vandalism, that is.

Thanks for investigating! A little work now will save a TON of work
later.
David