Re: Kind of Gamer (was: Re: [Rabbits] Fluxx Concepts/Expansion)

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 30 Jan 2008 14:26:47 -0500
I have played Fluxx with my husband often. He is great at games like Volcano (and chess). He still claims there is no strategy to FLUXX. I don't think it has to do with him not having played it enough. I think it is just how his brain works. I see the strategy in it and can use the randomness to my benefit. He just doesn;t enjoy the game like he likes chess or Axis and Allies. And that is fine with me. He will still play FLUXX with us- in is eyes it is a 'family bonding time/fellowship game' . I'm fine with that mindset of the game. And at least he plays it willing. I won't play Axis and Allies with him (chess, yes- but chess doesn;t take 5 hours usually- I lose quickly)
Brian may not tink fluxx has strategy and it maynot be the most enjoayable, but your short answer doesn;t describe him at all. He plays other games that wax and wane in whos in the lead as the games progresses. (A shorter answer:  many posts confirmed my suspicion that "that type
of gamer" believes that when they get ahead, they should stay ahead,
and that trend should not be reversible in one turn.  If that's your
thing, then I agree that Fluxx is too random for you
.) just because someone doesn;t think Fluxx has strategy doesn;t mean they are 'that type of player' I don't think.
somepeople just don't enjoy playing fluxx. maybe because there are no tangible points to count at the end or how many tanks did you blow up. And maybe 'that type of player' is just a poor sportsman that likes to win from the beginning of the game or not play at all.

but I need to go back ad re-read the original post on this. I forget details from i t.

--Kimberly