Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit in need of UK con support!

  • Fromvijay chopra <vjchopra@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 12 May 2009 18:32:02 +0100
Sorry Jennifer, I've just found out that I'm been unable to get that Saturday off, and as I'm on the South coast, coming up for just one day is impractical for me. Don't worry about being paranoid of letting random people have crash space, I don't like it either.

It's a shame since it looks as if it would have been a fun weekend; good luck in finding someone else to help out.

regards,
Vijay

2009/5/12 Jennifer Waddington <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx>
That would be awesome - to be honest Friday will be quiet so it's really Saturday or Sunday that I need support on. I'm afraid that I don't know how much the accommodation is (although there should be links on the website) and please don't take this personally, but I'm paranoid about letting people have crash space unless I know them really well (ashamed Rabbit).
Obviously both days would be great, but any time is good (if it's Saturday then I can leave you in charge and go to synagogue after all).

Jennifer

Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 08:54:51 +0100
From: vjchopra@xxxxxxxxx
To: rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] Rabbit in need of UK con support!

Hi Jennifer,
I might be able to help. The only problem would be accommodation (how much is it?), and just seeing if I can get the time off work.

regards,
Vijay

2009/5/12 Jennifer Waddington <very_evil_kitten@xxxxxxxxxxx>

The convention in question is UK Games Expo, and it's held in Birmingham (yay! home city!) over the 5th, 6th and 7th June this year. The website is at http://www.ukgamesexpo.co.uk/ and yes, they are serious about having a load of Daleks trundling about the venue *sigh*.
Basically, I have no backup. Rabbits who normally help are way, way overbooked for this weekend and also travel difficulties are present (people have less money and train fares are inflated). In theory I can ask people to 'mind the table' while I grab lunch or a breath of non-child-infested fresh air, but too often I come back to find that they've moved in for the rest of the day to use the table as their social base and I have to literally be a big meanie non-friend to shift them.
If anyone can make it, they can have a free convention pass and while I am an OCD freak, I do bring cookies so working alongside me isn't all bad...
We get a mention as sponsors of the Children's Competition. It was either pay for the tables or fork over prize support - the second option was cheaper.

I am only planning to offer demos up to 6ish, maybe 7 in the evening as I'm GMing in the 8pm-midnight slots on Friday (Paranoia Straight/Dark) and Saturday (Call of Cthulhu).

Jennifer

" Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 Optimised for MSN. " Download Now

Share your photos with Windows Live Photos – Free. Try it Now!