Re: [Rabbits] wwNEWS - Back To the Future! / New Hires / Renaming Rabbits / Shel & Shake

  • From"tophu@xxxxxxx" <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 May 2010 16:10:41 -0500 (CDT)
Best suggestion yet.  I almost even like this idea.
-----Original Message-----
Date: Friday, May 21, 2010 1:56:29 pm
To: "Rabbits Discussion List" <rabbits@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Bryan Stout" <stoutwb@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Rabbits] wwNEWS - Back To the Future! / New Hires / Renaming Rabbits / Shel & Shake

I think I've got it:

Looney Techs

The full name would be "Looney Labs Technical Support", which sounds
official and dignified, carries the same meaning as "Lab Assistant", and is
true!  (Looney Labs products are low-tech, so anyone helping would be tech
support.)

But then the nickname is short, catchy, easily spelled (if you know how to
spell Looney), geeky, and nicely tongue-in-cheek, evoking both "crazy techs"
and "lunatics".

What do you all think?

If you don't like it, here are some other things I came up with along my
path to this term, and they might spur your own creativity:
- Henchmen
- Minions
- Labsters
- Goons