Re: [Rabbits] Rabbits Digest, Vol 60, Issue 6

  • FromSeth Ruskin <rathorne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 21 May 2010 17:21:31 -0400
My concern is the opposite of your experience. I've been asked to go to conventions and store demos to be their "Rabbit" (not even "Mad Lab Rabbit", just "Rabbit") running LL games. We, the members of the LL demo team, are known and identified as Rabbits, in my experience.

I've never been asked if I'm affiliated with the company that does Killer Rabbits or any other company for that matter. We are known and seen as Rabbits.

That said, I do not expect LL to turn around and keep the Rabbits name. At this point, they seem committed to the idea of dropping their recognized name and image for their demo team members. If we had a say in keeping that name for us, I'm sure they would have asked us well before this announcement and let us decide.

I plan to keep on identifying myself as a Rabbit in some form (as my Lab Coat is monogrammed with "GnTar, the Evil Teddy Bear Rabbit"), but the official name will be whatever it turns out to be.

"Lab Assistant" doesn't really work for me. It's dry, dull, and doesn't have the light-hearted whimsy that comes across when i run and demo LL games. I'd rather be a "Mad Lab TA" or a "Mad Lab Techie" to be honest. Or a "Time Repair Agent" or "Mad Man at Large." Maybe even a "Mad Fluxxinator."

But that's just me.

Seth
aka GnTar, the Evil Teddy Bear (Something)