Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] The Toxicity of Recreational Drugs

  • FromAlison <alison@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 21 May 2006 17:07:58 -0400
I know someone in my high school had to go get their stomach pumped because of a nutmeg overdose... I'm not inclined to try it, myself...


--On Monday, May 15, 2006 10:39 PM -0400 "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Michael Shanley wrote:
> If one were to "risk it" with nutmeg, grounding up fresh nuts is a much
> easier way to do it than the powder that it comes in. Better potency =
> less nauseating powder... And even still, it's not something that
> anyone  with taste buds can handle more than once...

You can always mix it into something else, like a milkshake or cake.

I have a recipe for Mace Cake (mace and nutmeg are different parts of
the same plant) that is very yummy, but in order to ingest enough cake
to get a real effective dose of mace, you'd have also be ingesting
more than a CUP of SUGAR.

Mmmmm, sugar.

One thing I don't get about that article, though, why do they refer to
beer as having only 5% alcohol? That 5% stuff is what you use to wash
out the glasses you put actual beer in. =^>

Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans                              eeyore@xxxxxxxx
Something mailing list

Current Thread