Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Six-word stories

  • From"Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 27 Oct 2006 07:24:10 -0700 (PDT)
Ross A. wrote:
> Wired has an article an six-word stories which is pretty good.
> http://wired.com/wired/archive/14.11/sixwords.html

I recently read Heinlein's "Farnham's Freehold", and I've been
trying to find a way to describe it. Once you're dedicated to
oversimplifying something into six words, it becomes easy.

Farnham's Freehold: Hugh clever enough to survive anything.

This could be fun.

Dune: Paul uses every advantage to win.

Slaughterhouse Five: Billy accepts unchangeable past and future.

Lolita: Humbert thinks it's wrong, but irresistable.

Fight Club: Thinks he's too good for her.

The Diamond Age: Nell finds her mother.

The Lord of the Rings: Even a ring can make mistakes.

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx