Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] Re: Something Digest, Vol 17, Issue 2

  • From"Carlton Noles" <carlton.noles@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 9 Dec 2006 00:01:23 -0500
Oh Crap! I would like to say I was shocked by that story, but I wasn't  apalled yes, but not shocked. Remember  Florida is the state that can't seem to hold an election (you know that thing where everyone gets one vote and then you count em) without screwing it up. Home of Katherine Harris and Mark Foley. Florida also holds the dubious distinction of being the only state in the union where an adult was arrested for selling a music CD to another adult (it was a 2 live Crew CD). Bet you forgot that last one. I can't I live here. I just wish we could be in the news for something good for a change. I too Have frequently considered public office but my obvious sanity and lack of great wealth cause me to doubt my ability to get elected

This story is heartbreaking and maddening both.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/maia-szalavitz/cruel-and-unusual-25-yea_b_35781.html

Topher

THIS is why I am becoming a lawyer.  Every day, more cases that make
me say 'what is wrong with our system?'
It's a rant I've heard before, but my idealistic self needs to get in
the trenches on this end for a while.  I still believe change comes
from the inside; I'm willing to become a politician to do it if I have
to, bah.

--
Carlton "Kermit" Noles