Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] And the new Harry Potter book is called...

  • FromTome Gnome <tome_gnome@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 22 Dec 2006 15:25:12 -0800 (PST)
Did I not hear (or is this another hallucination) JKR say that she intends to collect her unused bits and pieces (of which she has crates adn crates) to publish a sort-of "Encyclopaedia Hogwartia" that would have history and lore and so forth, but no real "plot."

Thank Aluvater for Christopher Tolkien, that's all I have to say...

"Laurie J. Rich" <knitmeapony@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Nope, this is the last one; seven books for seven years, so sayeth JKR.

On 12/22/06, Christopher Hickman wrote:
> On Thursday, December 21, 2006, at 05:41PM, "Michael Shanley" wrote:
> >Timothy Hunt wrote:
> >> (why do I think that Rabbits are HP fans?
> >Because we like cool things?
>
> I'm a fan of the franchise, but I haven't read a word of the books yet. See, I have been sucked into more than one incomplete book series in the past, and I don't like it! I didn't read The Dark Tower at all until this year (when I read them ALL). I can't stand the wait for more books, so I'll read the whole series when the final book is published. (I still watch the movies, though. I'm not as insatiable when it comes to that, for some reason.) So there's only supposed to be one more book after this one, right?

"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired,
signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not
fed, those who are cold and are not clothed."
President Dwight D. Eisenhower
April 16, 1953