Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] And the new Harry Potter book is called...

  • FromTucker <jazzfish@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 22 Dec 2006 18:15:49 -0500

So instead of just waiting for a single book at a time, you wait for the whole series for years...

Nah, it makes sense to me. That way you've got a vague sense of "I should read those, people say they're good" instead of the "OMG must read more NOW" compulsion. Put another way, you don't know what you're missing until there's not any more.

I, too, have been putting off reading them 'til the last one comes out. Soon I'll no longer have any excuse.

I still won't ever have to start reading Robert Jordan, though.

----
"Writing is easy. All you have to do is stare at a piece of paper until your forehead bleeds."
--Douglas Adams