Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Cheerio, chaps. A question for the Brits...

  • FromNick Moffitt <nick@xxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 6 Mar 2007 15:39:23 +0000
Christopher Hickman:
> I came across a story of some jackass that wrecked a really friggin'
> expensive car, and in the "before" shot it shows the car parked along
> a street with weird jagged lines painted along side.  Was the street
> painter coming straight from several pints at the pub, or does that
> design have some kind of special meaning?  Here's the photo: http://
> www.wreckedexotics.com/special/veyron/before.jpg

I'm also not from around here originally, but those tend to be for
"soft" lane markers.  They're usually on the ground in situations where
two cars could pass by each other if going slowly enough.  Usually
people drive with one wheel right on top of the things until they need
to worry about oncoming traffic or some other obstacle.

--
Though the great song return no more                  Nick Moffitt
There's keen delight in what we have:                nick@xxxxxxxx