Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Fluxx, The Gaming Company

  • Frommadlab.rabbit.krishaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • DateTue, 27 Mar 2007 06:24:14 +0800
This one time, at band camp, "Ryan McGuire & Kerry Breitenbach"
<kerry_and_ryan@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was just punching random things into Google Image Search, when a search
> for "fluxx" found the following:
>     http://www1.fluxx.com/fluxx_content_en.php?page=FLUXX_Unt_Group.html

If Fluxx is a registered trademark of Looney Labs, and it was registered
before the end of '98 ("FLUXX AG, founded on December 22, 1998, is
a..."), and so long as trademark stuff is international (and I'm not
sure it automatically is), then Looney Labs have a great case against
this Fluxx company for trademark infringement -- particularly because
the company is in the gaming industry.

This is, unfortunately, quite serious too because Fluxx is LL's flagship
product.  If Googling for "fluxx game" stopped showing LL-related stuff
on Google's front page it could really hurt.

Yours, Chris J.