Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

Re: [Something] Tie-dying question

  • From"Tom Phoenix" <rb+wunderland@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 12 Apr 2007 07:45:37 -0700
On 4/12/07, miyu <xmiyux@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I'm wanting to do some tie-dying projects with my three-year old daughter
this summer but have never done anything like this myself and was wondering
if someone on here might be able to give me some tips.

I've heard that there's lots of good information on the Internet these
days. Have you tried searching the WWW for pages about tie-dying?

I have seen tie-dye kits but they really seemed over-priced, over-packaged,
and the dyes seemed full of chemicals.  Is there any type of dye that might
be recommended and hopefully be a little more natural?

It's hard to find good dyes when they've all got chemicals. But the
dyes on the market today are generally safe to use as directed, except
for Dihydrogen Monoxide-based dyes, of course.

   http://www.dhmo.org/

Enjoy!

--Tom Phoenix