Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] My First Review!

  • From"J. F. Lewis" <paxdraxus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSat, 26 Jan 2008 16:00:33 -0600
Hi, All!

I haven't seen many messages on this list for awhile, so I figured I send
one.  I mentioned several months ago that I'm finally going to be a
published author and several folks asked that I post more details to the
list when I had them.  I've had a lot of computer trouble since then and
lost most of the off-list emails that people sent me, so I hope the list
will excuse the public broadcast.

The name of the book has changed three times (from Welcome to the Void to
Bite Me and finally to Staked), but the release date is approaching.  Staked
by J F Lewis (that's me) will be released by Simon & Schuster's Pocket Books
on March 11, 2008.  Simon & Schuster have the first chapter up as an excerpt
on their website and the book is even available for pre-order on most of the
big bookseller websites.  :)

Any way, I got my first review recently.  Here's the pull quote:

"... certainly impressive for a debut.  The plot is reminiscent of the
early, and best, of the Anita Blake novels."

Don D'Ammassa - Hugo nominated editor and author of multiple novels and
short stories.

Anyone who is interested can read the whole review here:

http://www.dondammassa.com/R3_2008.htm

Best,

Jeremy

--