Looney Labs Something Mailing list Archive

[Something] re: [lesser of evils]

  • FromHarlan Rosenthal <harlan.rosenthal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 22 Sep 2008 09:45:45 -0500 (CDT)
Somebody's sig reproduced below.

Suggestion: Look at the history and the statistics.  Voting for a third party candidate always splits the votes away from Democrats.  Republicans have more-clearly stated interests and don't split; Democrats try to include everybody and therefore wind up losing people.  Therefore voting for the third-party candidate always winds up being a vote for the Republicans.  Add Nader's votes to Gore and Bush would have clearly lost.

I agree:  The system sucks.  Or at least has serious weaknesses.  I keep hoping someday to be voting FOR someone rather than AGAINST the other one.   But it's the system we have right now, and the only way to change it is from the inside, and if you try to score home runs on a football field you're not going to win.

I'm tired of choosing the lesser of two evils.
Make a real choice for President: [insert third-party candidate name here]