Looney Labs Aquarius Mailing list Archive

Re: [Aquarius] Aquarius gone wild?

  • FromSusie <smr071165@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 6 Sep 2005 06:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
Scott,
It's kind of funny that you bring this up.  My kids & I were playing not too long ago & wondering the same thing.  Actually, my 12 year old son said that he would have won if he had a wild card instead of a whole panel card.

I think it would add an intriguing aspect to the game.  Especially if two people could use the same wild card for different patterns.  I'm all for adding fun to an existing game to give it a new dynamic.

Does this mean that we would play every time with the wild cards included?  Probably not, but the ability to add them in, or maybe add one or two, would give it new possibilities.

Sue Bradley

Scott Sulzer <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just because no one seems to be talking on this particular mailing list,
I thought I would attempt to start a discussion.

I've had a concept bouncing around in my head for a bit of time. What
would happen, i.e. how would strategies change, if wild panels were
added to more Aquarius cards? I know that there is already a Single
Panel wild Aquarius card, but what about putting a wild panel on either
a double panel card or a quad-panel card? What about a full deck of
wild paneled cards? And how should it work with the adjoining elements
on any particular cards?

Personally, I believe that the wild panel would be considered an
extension of any adjoining panels on the same card. E.g. if you have a
dual panel card with a fire panel and a wild panel, then for all intents
and purposes, it would be considered as a single panel card for whomever
has fire as a goal. However, for any other player it would appear as a
dual panel card containing fire and their own element.

The same would hold true for a quad panel. However, it should be
remembered that I stated adjoining panels on the same card, therefore, a
person who is able to "wrap" their element around the card would be able
to count the two opposite corners as separate panels.

This type of set up would also allow more variations of the quad cards
to appear in a single deck.

Make sense? Would it make Aquarius too easy? Too complicated? And how
drastically would it affect Alison's Aquarius Challenge to add cards
like this?

Personally, I think it would be interesting to only throw a few into the
mix, perhaps some 2 or 3 quads. However, some people like to take it
all the way, soo...

I suppose you could construct your own Aquarius gone wild deck from
three Aquarius decks if you wanted. You would need three decks simply
to have enough quads for a full wild deck. You would use 5 "long" dual
paneled cards, one of each element, 5 "short" paneled cards, one of each
element, and 30 quad paneled cards. Each of the dual paneled cards
would serve double duty. It would be a "dual" paneled card for
everything but its element. For its element, it would be like a single
panel card. As to the 30 quads...just try not to make duplicates.

Hmm, encouraging people to buy more and more Looney Labs products isn't
a bad thing is it?

Well, thoughts? Comments? Insults?

Scott Sulzer