Looney Labs Aquarius Mailing list Archive

[Aquarius] Alternate layout

  • From"Kheldar Septyn" <septyn47@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 07 Sep 2005 12:39:48 -0400
I was wondering if anyone has tried/thought about playing Aquarius with different layout rules. Instead of playing the cards parallel to each other:

| | | |
| | | |
| | | |
| | | |

what about playing them in a cross-hatched style (like the old XXXenophile or new Girl Genius card games)

| - | -
- | - |
| - | -
- | - |

?

It seems like it would play the same way (as long as you make sure the center of the short side line up with the center of the long side), since there's an even distribution of cards of both shortways and longways cards. But I don't have a deck with me at work (shame on me!) to play around with to confirm that....

Phil