Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] Welcome to the 24th Century!

  • FromDan Efran <efran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 18 Apr 2006 14:22:34 -0400
Sheesh.

If you're going to be precise, you should be accurate too.
Since you don't actually mean "100%", don't say it. It has a specific meaning.

Saying "Well, if you're *anal*, then sure it's wrong" doesn't actually get you anywhere - just fix it! Didn't you post this in order to get advice? Then why protest when you get a valid criticism?

    -- Dan Efran
        Martian Ambassador
        efran@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
        http://www.efran.org/embassy/

Robert Potter wrote:
Well, if you want to get *anal* about it, then no, Davey is not 100% artifical. The brain is genuine, but the rest of him is man-made.

From: naheniL boB <avatar@xxxxxxx>
To: Chrononauts <chrononauts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrononauts] Welcome to the 24th Century!
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:46:45 -0700

At 09:15 4/14/2006, you wrote:

2312: First 100% Artificial Human Created. "Davey" is an android with a human brain as a central processor. RIPPLES: 2317, 2323, 2333. 2343: Human Cloning is a Success! Martha Jones of Titan is the first human to be cloned. Neither Martha is expirencing (sp?) complications. RIPPLES: 2347, 2362, 2366. 2347: Martian Weds Self. Joseph Reed, Martian playboy, marries a female colne of himself, named Sarah. PARADOXED IF: 2343'.

        A comment:
2343: I think the word you're looking for is "experiencing".

        And a couple questions:
2312: If Davey is 100% artificial, why does he have a human's brain running the show? Is that artificial, too? 2347: How can a clone be a different gender from the original? I don't think I was napping *that* much during my genetics classes. :)

-Bob Linehan
avatar@xxxxxxx