Looney Labs Chrononauts Mailing list Archive

Re: [Chrononauts] Welcome to the 24th Century!

  • From"Robert Potter" <oldestgc86@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 19 Apr 2006 10:38:43 -0500
Hmm.  You may be right there.  I'll keep that in mind.

From: "Elliott C. Evans" <eeyore@xxxxxxxx>
To: Chrononauts <chrononauts@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrononauts] Welcome to the 24th Century!
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 06:37:51 -0700 (PDT)

Robert P. wrote:
> Because calling Davey 100% artifical sounds better,
> even if it's not the case.

Well, if you want to take this into the realm of writing style,
then we're delving into something I'm qualified to be anal about. =^>

* Never use two adjectives when one will do.

* Qualifiers don't strengthen a statement, they weaken it.

* Numbers confuse people.

"First Artificial Human Created" is superior, in my opinion.

Then we get into philosophy. When it's *your* project, never waste
time rebutting honest criticism you don't agree with; just thank
the critics for their input, and change nothing! =^>

--
Elliott C. "Eeyore" Evans
eeyore@xxxxxxxx