Looney Labs EcoFluxx Mailing list Archive

[Eco] The Global Warming Solutions Act

  • FromRobin Vinopal <robin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 19 Feb 2007 11:14:43 -0500
For those people located in Maryland, I thought I'd share this info that I just got from The Chesapeake Climate Action Network (http://www.chesapeakeclimate.org/).

They wrote:
The "Global Warming Solutions Act" bill suddenly has a chance to pass now in Maryland thanks to skyrocketing concerns about the collapsing global climate. The bill would make our state just the second in America - behind California - to mandate huge, statutory reductions in greenhouse gases by 2020 using a “cap and trade” system for carbon dioxide. We need at least 100 committed citizens from across the state to join an emergency grassroots campaign over the next six weeks to push the bill through.

More Information here: http://www.chesapeakeclimate.org/campaigns/campaign_detail.cfm?id=25

Please Dial in to a Grassroots Conference Call this week. For your convenience, there will be two calls to pick from:

Call #1: Thursday night Feb. 22, 7:30 pm. Call-in number: 1-888-537-8139, code 82531915
Call #2: Saturday Feb. 24, noon. Call in number: 1-888-537-8139, code 82531915

Here's what will happen on the call: Senator Pinsky, Delegate Barve, and Mike Tidwell will open by explaining the bill's historic significance and outlining the political strategy for getting it through both the MD Senate and House and on to the governor. Josh Tulkin and Claire Douglass of the CCAN staff will then explain the proposed emergency grassroots campaign and answer any questions you may have. We hope to keep the call to one hour, with follow up by email.

- Robin