Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

[Edu] been pplaying cosmic coasters

  • From"Kimberly Terrill" <kiter5@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateWed, 2 Aug 2006 20:37:36 -0400
first off, the fact that they are moons and yet the instructions cal them planets id driving all of us a bit batty....

We have been playing it because we are studying cpoins. We decide who goes fisrt by who has the oldest coin on the launch pad.It has little to do with learning about coincs, but when we study something I like to do as much as I can that has that theme.

I think we must be doing something wrong. the game takes forever, we always end up quitting because no one can ever get more than one ship on another person's moon/planet.

So, this is my 'how we are using this game in our studies'.. not a good gaming event this time.

My boys love the idea of the game, the ships and abilities and teleporting..... but it is way too drawn out.

Maybe it is better as a two player game.....

~Kimberly
homeschooling 3 boys