Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] been pplaying cosmic coasters

  • From"Carol Townsend" <carol.townsend@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateThu, 3 Aug 2006 08:58:37 -0500
Exactly - it's that drive to want to know WHY that, unless it gets answered to the student's satisfaction, will stand in the way of everything else - no matter if it's a special needs student or not.  Many "regular ed" kids will be satisfied with the "just because" answer - it's been answered to their satisfaction - but many won't be.  You don't have to be a special ed kid to get hung up on the trees - or the leaves - and not see the forest.

Would it help if, on your copy of Cosmic Coasters, you crossed out the word "planet" and wrote in "moon"?  Would you want a note from Looney Labs for permission to do this?

As for the forum to ask about games - well, there's no Cosmic Coasters list - but there is the Rabbit list - you can ping that list and ask "hey, is there anyone who plays Coasters a lot - can you write me off-list so I can ask you (or my students can ask you) a bunch of questions?"