Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] need ideas for Chrononauts

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 15 Oct 2006 01:08:06 -0400
Hmm. Could he be the person in charge of the cards? I haven't tried Chrononauts yet, it looks like its far too difficult for my kids. We're having enough trouble with Nanofictionary this year, never mind Fluxx. I was thinking about getting the Chrononauts game, though, just as an addition to our History theme this year... it is 20th Century America. I found a really neat binder-text from PCI Publishing that, if done correctly, results in a picture timeline of the entire 20th Century done by the kids to hang in the room. I thought it might be cool to hang the Chrononauts cards with the timeline. That could also be his job... but it would take a lot of pre-prep work on your part... Make up a huge timeline that spans the years in the game. I'd do it on cardstock or posterboard so it's heavy... laminate or cover with clear contact paper, then add velcro at all of the spots where you have game cards. You could either buy another set of cards, then, to stick at the velcro, or you could make up picture/word flashcard-type things to put there. He could keep track that way, and you'd have a great discussion piece about the history of the time period when you finished. It might also help him learn some new vocabulary (maybe... some of my students who are dyslexic do very well when we pair pictures and words... it makes it easier for them to remember the word since the letters twist on them).

Magi

Kimberly Terrill wrote:

Hey, everyone.
I finally learned Chronoauts. Sort of. I will try to play it a few more times with my husband or friends before I use it with 3 students. Here is my almost-problem.... I think only 2 of my kids are old enough to actually play the gave. I need a role for my young 10 yr old. Something he can do to be part of the game without being a TimeTravel/player. He likes being score keeper and recording scores (he doesn't play games often, but likes to keep score or osmething like that). Can anyone think of a role for him so he is still a part of the game? Thanks. (he is dyslexic and reading/writing words is out of the question for this level)
--
~~Kimberly
www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord <http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord>