Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] need ideas for Chrononauts

  • From"Magi D. Shepley" <magid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateSun, 15 Oct 2006 11:23:00 -0400
Here's a weblink to the United States Dates binder: http://www.pcicatalog.com/STORE/Detail/PCI1837.aspx

I'm still waiting for it to come in, but there are some samples on the page that made me think it would be perfect for my group. I have a very mixed group this year, with a bunch of students from the county to our west. Virginia is still a "categorical" state, which means students are placed by their disability type, and I haven't quite figured out what exactly that other county is/was doing.

I like the idea of making up stories: that was why I wanted to teach them Nanofictionary, because my guys are fantastic story-tellers. I am hoping to give them some better outlets for their fantasies... right now I have one student who tells stories about being allergic to peanuts, another that tells stories about my cat driving a car and being friends with the Geico gecko, and another that tells stories about random seniors beating him up and stripping his Redskins jersey off his body in the hallway. :snicker:

Magi

Kimberly Terrill wrote:

Magi,
  Do you have more info on the binder from PCI?
The Chrononauts isn't as complicated as it looks when reading the instructions. Though still too complicated for Ki. (Ki is 10, the other are 11.5 and 13). I like the timeline idea. I think I'd get a second set of cards maybe. And I'd probably put the inverter cards from the 2nd deck into the original deck. I think the deck seems to a ' inverter light' (the cards that let you change a timeline event). Either that or I am too power hungry. Or maybe they just weren't shuffled enough. I think I'll give Ki the title "Keeper of the Time Space Continuum" and do some timeline stuff that you suggested. And because he likes keeping score, I think I'll make a score board where he records how many pathces and how many paradoxes his brothers make happen and reward a couple points for each. He'd like that. And I will let him narrate for my turn. He loves making up stories. Until someone comes up with better ideas for me...... THANKS

--
~~Kimberly
www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord <http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/3foldchord>