Looney Labs Educators Mailing list Archive

Re: [Edu] Teacher Discount?

  • FromKristin Looney <edu-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 22 Oct 2007 12:45:38 -0400
--On October 21, 2007  Scott Sulzer <ssulzer@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

He wants to see about getting Fluxx, Chrononauts, and at least
Nanofictionary (he is trained as an English teacher) for use in
the classroom.  So, what does he have to do to get set up as a
teacher rabbit, and what does his school have to do to get
registered?  Or, where do I send him to get the information
anyway?  (Genesee Joint District #282 I believe)

We do offer a 20% discount when you buy bulk quantities of a
particular game to use them in the classroom:
<http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=134>

But for those of you who have been on this list for a long time
and know how we used to do things...  the old system that allowed
a teacher to sign up as a teacher in our system and get a 30%
discount on anything they buy to use in their classroom is no-longer
available.  Sorry.

The change ties in with all the re-organization we are doing to
simplify our operations, and the changes to our software systems.
Those of you who have previously had their schools set up in our
system will notice you can no longer choose between placing an
order for your school VS a personal order...  all discounted
wholesale orders have moved to the new system, so you can't
place orders like this through SuperFRED anymore. Sorry.

Please understand that we still love all of you teachers just
as much as we always have - and we really wish we had an easy
way to help teachers make their dollars go farther, but the
logistics of managing a program like we used to have really is
a lot of work... just defining who qualifies and who doesn't
and then needing to enforce it and orchestrate it... we need
to simplify our operations, and unfortunately this is one of
the things that had to go.

So the answer is: yes, we have a teacher discount - it's here:
<http://www.looneylabs.com/OurStores/product.html?ProductID=134>

If you want to sign up as a Teacher Rabbit - just sign up as
a Rabbit:  <http://www.looneylabs.com/OurCommunity/>

and visit the warren page:
<http://warrens.looneylabs.com/?WarrenName=Teacher+Rabbits>
and click on the JOIN THIS WARREN link at the bottom of the
list.  You might also have to ping me to approve the new member.

Thanks for showing new teachers our games, Scott!

-Kristin Looney