Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

[Fluxx] Fluxx 3.1a and Basic_Rules_Version_N

  • Fromadross@xxxxxxx
  • DateSat, 29 Oct 2005 10:50:14 +0000
My current deck is modeled after Fluxx 3.1, so I call it Version 3.1a .
Changes from Fluxx 3.1 -
- removed No-Hand_Bonus, Rich_Bonus, and Inflation.
- added Hand_Limit_3 (from Fluxx 2.1), Keeper_Limit_1 (from EcoFluxx), and Overdrive (an Action which causes you to play 3 more cards - if you have fewer than 3, play all of them).
- Changed Basic_Rules to Basic_Rules_Version_N (see below).

One thing I don't really like about a standard Fluxx game is that if you have no cards in your hand and you can only draw one card then your only choice is to play the card you just drew.
So, in my deck I took out the No-Hand_Bonus New_Rule and added a portion of its ability to the Basic_Rules.
The Draw portion now says: Draw 1 (if you have no cards at the start of your turn, draw 2 instead).
This way, you will always have at least two cards in your hand to choose from after you draw.
The Basic_Rules_Version_N card is modeled after German Fluxx's Grundregeln, so when a Draw-type New_Rule is played it covers up that part of the Basic_Rules.