Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Re: Reverse order card, 2 player question

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 17 Apr 2006 22:53:37 -0700
That makes much more sense to me too.  It's reasonable that there might be a
workaround for the two-player-game case, but it's not logical at all for a
New Rule card to suddenly act like an Action card.  And since I can't think
of any good way to make Reverse Order do anything *as a New Rule* in a
two-player game, I conclude that it just shouldn't do anything.  There are
any number of cards in Fluxx that have no effect if played in certain
situations, so there's nothing wrong with Reverse Order having that
property.  Indeed, sometimes it's nice to be able to play a do-nothing
card--that's why I still have the Borders Bonus in my deck, even though I
basically never play in any situation where it might potentially be
activated.
My point exactly.
Besides, in a two-player game it's not _completely_ useless because another
player can join the game while this rule is in place.