Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] Doppelganger

  • From"A Ross" <adross@xxxxxxx>
  • DateMon, 17 Apr 2006 22:50:18 -0700
-----Original Message-----
From: fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:fluxx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Richard
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2006 6:45 AM
To: Fluxx Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Fluxx] Doppelganger

I took note of that on Hal Haag's site and created my own doppleganger
card. I have had to retire certain made-up cards from my deck because
they were too powerful, and the original doppleganger fits into that
category. If you do not want to play with super-powerful cards, here's
what I found helps: make the doppleganger have to copy something the
moment it comes into play. My card says:

Type: Keeper
Name: Doppelganger
Image: A small 4-pointed star shape with the letters "DG" in the middle and
question marks on the four sides.
Text: "When you play this card, choose one of your opponents' keepers. This
acts as a duplicate of that card. When the Doppleganger leaves play, it
loses its copied keeper name."

[I guess you could change it so it /could/ be used on your own
keepers... Also, you should put on the card that it loses its keeper
name/ability when it leaves play so it can change later]

How do you keep track of what Keeper it's copying? (Mine is a copy of
whatever its owner says it is at that moment.)