Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Re: New Keeper: The Joker

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 05 Oct 2007 11:47:42 -0700
On Friday, October 05, 2007, at 02:41PM, "Dim Bulb" <dimbulb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>      *  Ratify - Place this card atop a New Rule in play. Until the
>> end of the game, it is a Basic Rule and can't be trashed.
>
>Ooh, this is a good one.  I'm not sure about the mechanic, though--should this be a blue card or a yellow card?

Yes, I think so.  You don't want it to be a New Rule itself, or it would be susceptible to New Rule destruction.  As an Action, and especially as one that specifically plays atop the New Rule, it means it can effectively do its job to "shield" the rule and that it can only be used once per game (since there's no way to get it back, since it never goes to the trash).