Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

Re: [Fluxx] Rule Decay (Was: New Keeper: The Joker)

  • FromChristopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx>
  • DateFri, 05 Oct 2007 13:16:16 -0700

On Friday, October 05, 2007, at 03:14PM, "Rev. Bob" <redbaron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>On 10/5/07, Christopher Hickman <tophu@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Friday, October 05, 2007, at 02:41PM, "Dim Bulb" <dimbulb@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >Rule Decay: "At the end of your turn, choose and discard one of the New Rule cards in play."
>>
>> I really like this one.  Now I wish I had another New Rule Blanxx to make this.
>>
>> May I add this to the wiki?  How shall I credit you? As "Dim Bulb" or something
>> else?
>>
>> Also, this can be worded more simply using standard game terms: "Trash a
>> New Rule each turn."
>
>Not the same thing - your wording would allow someone to, say, discard
>Play All after he's played a few cards and doesn't want to play any
>more this turn.  The original wording would force him to abide by the
>rules through his turn, *then* trash one.  Big difference!

Yes, I realize that "Trash a New Rule each turn." and "Trash a New Rule at the end of each turn." is different.  I'd prefer the first, because it would reward better players.