Looney Labs Fluxx Mailing list Archive

RE: [Fluxx] After Andy's "Draw First" ruling

  • FromKevin Welch <kawelch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • DateTue, 9 Oct 2007 19:36:08 -0700 (PDT)

> Is "Final Card Random" Broken or Unfair when it's
> Draw 3, Play 3, Hand Limit
> 0?  I draw 3 cards... I play two of them.... here,
> you choose which I should
> play for my final card, will you please?  I can
> think of lots of ways to
> skirt intentional chaos - that's part of my
> strategic playing of Fluxx.
>

> More chaos to this one.  Let us assume (I know, I
> know) that there is a Play
> 5 in effect, along with Final Card Random.  Now, I
> play 3 cards, for my
> fourth card, I play a Play 3.  Playing the Play 3
> becomes my final card,
> however, since it was not in effect until it was
> played, it was not my final
> card until it is played.  My final card did not end
> up being random, but no
> one could prevent me from going around the rule this
> way, correct?

Ow... my head is starting to hurt... If I have "final
play random" in play and play three currently in
effect.  I play two cards and then another player
randomly chooses "play four".  As I have only played
three, this player now draw ANOTHER random card from
my hand for me to play?? Correct?

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.